We Are Hiring
Emergency Medical Technician - HYMC Ambulance Nokomis - Full-Time, Rotating - Nokomis, WI
Schedule: Typically will work 7 days on, 7 days off - every other weekend and holiday
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Health Care, you will have the opportunity to provide support treatment, care and evaluation of patients on scene and during transport.
- Ensures safe transportation of ill or injured patients.
- Maintains ambulance in clean condition and working order. Performs regular routine inspections prior to each shift to ensure safe operation of the vehicle.
- Assists with stocking the ambulance with needed supplies and ensures on-board equipment is in working order.
- Performs the duties of an EMT or Paramedic, depending on qualifications, as needed.
- Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) or Physician provides direct care to patients in the Emergency Department or in the hospital setting.
- Identifies, intervenes, and stabilizes the ill or injured during pre-hospital, inter-facility, or in-hospital transport in collaboration with medical direction.
- Initiates and implements interventions based on regional, physician directed protocols. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition and treatment, as appropriate.
- Provides basic and advanced life support treatment, care and evaluation of patients on scene and during transport.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certification specializing in ER Vehicle Operation credentialed from the National Safety Council obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Driver’s License credentialed from the state of Wisconsin obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Basic Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the state of Wisconsin obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Registered Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT).
- HS or Equivalent.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and graduate of a state approved EMT-Basic course required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin and its subsidiaries, are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement