We Are Hiring
Compensation and Benefits Specialist with St. Mary's Hospital, Amsterdam, New York
St. Mary's Hospital in Amsterdam New York is looking for an ambitious Compensation and Benefits Specialist to join our Hospitals Human Resources Team. As a Compensation and Benefits specialist, you will be responsible for overseeing, managing and administering our employee rewards and benefit plans. Your role in this full-time position will be extremely important as you will be developing programs that are essential to the performance, engagement and satisfaction of our associates.
Why Join Ascension?
Why Join St. Mary’s:
St. Mary's Healthcare, based in Amsterdam, New York, provides a full range of outpatient services while featuring an award-winning acute care hospital, four Urgent Care Centers, multiple primary and pediatric health centers, specialty care including Cancer Medicine, Gastroenterology, OB-GYN, ENT, Surgical and Urology, inpatient and outpatient mental health services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned outstanding national rankings for excellence in medicine and patient safety.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's Hospital in Amsterdam, New York, you will have the opportunity to provide compensation and benefits consultation services to ensure strategic plans are met and budgetary considerations are maintained while recruitment, retention, and internal equity issues are addressed.
- Ensure compliance with Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and other federal and state regulations.
- Consult with managers, directors and executives to develop and organize job structures that meet the needs of the organization.
- Provide guidance and direction for compensation changes and maintains salary structures and job grades.
- Analyze the budget impact of compensation and benefits decisions. Develop analytics and metrics reports for HR team members.
- Assist with the development and delivery of compensation and benefits programs and policy communications.
- Collaborates with benefits vendors to administer programs that meet the needs of our employees
- Keep abreast with new trend and best practice in the field
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field; may consider experience in lieu of Bachelor's Degree
- Three years of experience preferred
- Prior experience in HR Operations and knowledge of compensation and benefits best practices preferred
- Familiarity with New York State wage and hour laws
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Mary’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
State and Federal laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Mary's Healthcare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.