We Are Hiring
Exciting opportunity to bring your robotics skills to our innovative surgical team!
What You Will Do:
As an Associate with St. Agnes Healthcare-MD, you will have the opportunity to provide direct assistance to surgeons during surgical procedures.
- Positions patient to give best exposure for surgical procedure, using stabilizing equipment when necessary, while maximizing patient comfort and safety.
- Provides visualization of the operative site using appropriate method, including manipulation of tissue and materials, retraction, sponging, suctioning and irrigation.
- Utilizes appropriate technique to achieve temporary and permanent hemostasis.
- Assists with body plane closure, application of wound dressings and securing of drainage systems.
- Assist in room clean up and the removal of the soiled case cart, supplies, and trash from OR room as needed at the completion of the surgical case.
- Participates as a surgical team member in the preparation of the surgical suite according to surgeon's preference cards with appropriate instruments, resources and supplies.
Why Join Ascension:
At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
Ascension St. Agnes:
We are a 251 bed, full-service teaching hospital with residency programs in a number of medical and surgical specialties. We have over 3,500 employees and in 2017, we gave back over $31 million dollars to the Baltimore community in charitable giving.
What You Will Need:
- Minimum one year Surgical First Assist experience; Robotics experience is highly preferred.
- Surgical Assistant credentialed from NBSTSA, ABSA, or NCCS obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate’s degree, or Technical degree required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.