We Are Hiring
RN-ICU - Intensive Care Unit - Part-Time, Rotating - Dell Seton Medical Center - Austin, TX
Relocation and /or Sign-On up to $15,000
Why Join Ascension?
Dell Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas.
At Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas, we are the centerpiece of the new health district in downtown Austin, Texas.
Dell Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas is a part of Ascension, a non-profit organization. Our team approach brings together a wide range of specialists, advanced technology and treatments. Our mission provides opportunities for Ascension associates to serve in their local communities by serving the poor and vulnerable.
Highlights of our State of the Art facility:
- Academic Hospital with 226 beds
- Advance Critical Care Management
- Specialties include Surgical Oncology, Plastics, Neurosurgical Services, Burn Program and Trauma Intensivists
- Only Level 1 Adult Trauma Center within 15 counties
- Acuity adjustable units
Highlights of our Surgical Trauma ICU:
- Work side by side with advanced practice nurses and residents that reside in our unit
- Charge nurse outside of staffing numbers, available to assist at the bedside
- Core Resource Nurses to assist with patient tasks, monitor and implement core measure goals and other delegated assignments
- Patient Care Techs staffed to provide activities of daily living, assist with lab draws, approved sterile procedures, turns and mobility
- Associate self-scheduling with nurse driven schedulers to balance the needs of the unit
- Active sunshine committee and mentorship program to assist with teamwork at and outside of work
- Highly engaged team members and leaders that participate in self-driven programs to improve patient care and workplace satisfaction
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Seton Family of Hospitals, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Provide nursing care to our multiple specialty populations in accordance with the multidisciplinary teams
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- 2 or more ICU level of care preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.