We Are Hiring
Ascension Medical Group - Looking for a 1 FTE Primary Care Physician to join our elite team!
Why Join Ascension?
About Ascension St. John Hospital
Ascension St. John Hospital was founded in 1952 and is a regional referral teaching hospital.
We provide comprehensive accredited training to over 200 resident physicians, 30 fellows, and 56 core medical students in accordance to ACGME requirements.
Level I Trauma Center with a Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Center accreditation
Certified Stroke Center with advanced certification by the Joint Commission. We specialize in neuro-endovascular treatments for acute stroke.
Named a Blue Distinction Center in both cardiovascular and orthopedic care by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network
Averaging 28,000 admissions, 3,000 births, 15,000 inpatient/outpatient surgeries and over 105,000 ER visits annually
Located in southeast Michigan near Lake St. Clair and the five Grosse Pointe communities; private parks, boutique shops, art galleries, coffee shops and restaurants
Home to Belle Isle Island and Aquarium, Detroit Institute of Arts, Detroit Opera House, Detroit Symphony Orchestra, Fisher Theatre, and four professional sports teams
Voted America’s Great Comeback City
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
Ascension Medical Group is looking for a Board Certified Primary Care Physician for a near site employer based practice in Detroit, MI.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to partner with Ascension Medical Group and a large local employer to launch a new integrated primary care center for employees and dependents of the employer. The physician will be instrumental in the development of the program and provide day to day clinical services and medical leadership for advanced practice providers and support staff involved in patient care.
- Full scale primary care services plus physical therapy and behavioral health. To include diagnostic imaging, lab services, pharmaceutical medical management, and point of care testing.
- Hours of Operation: Monday-Saturday with extended hours
- Completely renovated space with all new equipment and furnishings
- Rotate after hour call coverage
- Mix of Clinical (85%) and Administrative (15%). Administrative responsibilities will include acting as the clinical leader of the site and overseeing advanced practice providers.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Physician MD/DO with Prescriptive Authority credentialed from the Michigan Board of Medicine obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Diploma, Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
- Previous leadership/administrative experience preferred
- 3 years of experience practicing outpatient medicine including management of chronic conditions and preventative medicine preferred
- Board Certified in Family Medicine or Med/Peds, must be comfortable seeing all ages
- Experience working in a Patient Centered Medical Home desired
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: [email protected]
. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)