We Are Hiring
Do you like to research and get acquainted with the application capabilities? Do you understand how they can be used for each situation the customer is requiring?
Ascension is HIRING a talented Technical Architect to join our Apps and Platforms team. This can be a remote position
Communication skills are key. You should possess the knowledge of architectural methods and the typical solutions that can be applied to different cases to articulate your outcome. In essence, someone who can think both as a businessperson and a technical expert. At Ascesion, you'll need to relate to the person who's requesting/requiring a solution while being aware of the technical possibilities (or complications) of each situation.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Technologies leverages technology to create collaborative solutions that improve everyday health decisions. The technology enables seamless access to data across all applications transforming the customer experience when interacting with technology and enhancing our ability across Ascension to better serve communities with greater agility and responsiveness. It is used to provide insightful use of automation and data-drive improvements to enhance the provider, patient and consumer experience as well as keeping cybersecruity with a strong posture to protect data and other valuable assets.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to provide technical leadership in the planning, design and architect phases of software or hardware development.
- Must understand what kind of problem a client is facing and introduce the best technical solution for this problem. Sometimes even helping them articulate the problem. This involves not only thinking of applications that follow specific architectural patterns but also being aware of available tools and work techniques, acting as a negotiator in the engineering and client team and making quick, sometimes incorrect, decisions.
- Integrating applications with a very large existing system and technical ecosphere – ensuring a seamless integration of new and existing systems to eliminate potential problems and maintain data structure and integrity is a vital skill for Application Architects
- Provides technical expertise and direction for the development of complex hardware and software projects.
- Assists with decisions based on the highest degree of technical complexity and thorough understanding of the implications across the organization.
- Translates application and end user system requirements into technical requirements.
- Analyzes and solves complex problems, making recommendations as needed, applying creative, in-depth technical and theoretical knowledge.
- Defines strategies for networking, server platform, desktop services, and security required to support relevant technical environment.
- Leads orientation and planning review sessions with the local Information Technology project managers.
- Being a team player, and able to work with others on solutions and resolutions. It is not feasible nor expected for the associate to know all architectural aspects of a particular application, it is key to work well with others on understanding a holistic picture.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience required integrating applications with a very large existing system and technical ecosphere – ensuring a seamless integration of new and existing systems to eliminate potential problems and maintain data structure and integrity is a vital skill for Application Architects .
- 5 years of experience preferred.
- 1 year of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Technologies is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)