We Are Hiring
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist -Antimicrobial Stewardship- Full-Time, Rotating - Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital, Warren, Mi
Day shift primarily between the hours of 7am and 5pm
Some afternoons and weekends may be required if AMS activities require that
Primary hours (80%) will be dedicated to the Warren campus and remaining hours (20%) will involve activities at the Madison Heights campus
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What We Offer You
· Competitive compensation
· Professional development
· Well being programs and holistic growth opportunities
· Work-life balance through generous paid time off
· Tuition reimbursement
· Adoption assistance
· Medical, dental, vision and retirement match
What You Will Do
As the Clinical Pharmacy Specialist -Antimicrobial Stewardship (AMS) at Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital you will work as part of the pharmacy team and with other disciplines to promote optimal use of Antimicrobial agents at both the Warren and Madison Heights campuses.
- Concurrent review of antimicrobial therapy to determine appropriateness
- Working with providers to optimize antibiotic therapy when needed
- Ensuring adherence to antimicrobial restricted drug criteria
- Utilization of Sentri-7 Clinical Intervention software to identify areas for AMS review and to document interventions
- Participation in hospital and health system committees related to AMS
- Preparing and presentation of AMS related reports
- Education of pharmacy, medical , nursing and ancillary staff on AMS and infection control information and acting as an educational resource for professional pharmacy school students and pharmacy interns.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Pharmacist credentialed from the Michigan Board of Pharmacy obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Board Certification for Speciality area preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy or Doctorate of Pharmacy required Pharmacy residency preferred
- Residency or certification in Antimicrobial Stewardship (AMS) preferred
- At least 1 year of hospital pharmacy work experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: [email protected]
. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)