We Are Hiring
Director, Marketing and Communications
Are you a seasoned healthcare marketing & communications professional? We are looking for YOU!
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As a Director, Marketing & Communications with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to lead business-driven and results-focused campaigns while collaborating with market leadership and the marketing & communications function to leverage planning, policies & procedures for implementation.
- Serves as Marketing and Communications director of local brand and business category for the organization, leading consumer engagement and retention, consumer experience, internal communications and engagement, and growth and business development for the market and service area.
- Responsible for project management, implementation and deadline-driven delivery of all marketing and communications activity in the market.
- Works closely with market leadership including Market Executive, Strategy, Finance Operations, and Ascension Medical Group leaders to understand competitive environment, business targets, growth drivers, opportunities and rapid response.
- Contributes to and is accountable for operational planning, coordination and decision-making.
- Contributes to product and service innovation, differentiation, design and positioning efforts.
- Oversees ongoing talent development and team management of the Florida-based associates on the Marketing and Communications team.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Degree within Marketing and/or Communications is preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience required.
- 10 years of leadership experience with strategic decision making and project management responsibilities, including marketing and/or communications experience is strongly preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)