We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse Position
Location: Ascension St. Vincent Evansville Main Campus Hospital
Unit: Medical Surgical - Renal/Diabetic Unit
- Full Time (36 hours weekly)
- Night Shift
- 12 hours shifts
- Every third weekend
Why Join Ascension?
Who Are We…
St. Vincent is the leading faith-based health care system in Indiana and is a part of Ascension, the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system. We are committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
What St. Vincent has to offer...
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: St. Vincent provides a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Innovative Environment: We are a progressive, stable company with 134 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized care. At St. Vincent, we are actively trying new solutions to help overcome some of healthcare’s toughest challenges.
- Magnet Designated Facility: St. Vincent Evansville is a Magnet Designated facility. The Magnet Recognition Program designates organizations worldwide where nursing leaders successfully align their nursing strategic goals to improve the organization’s patient outcomes. Beginning in 2011 and continuing through today, our facility has maintained this designation and is in the top 6% of hospitals in the nation.
What Our Renal/Diabetic unit has to offer...
- Teamwork: This unit prides itself on collaborating as a team. Each member of the staff is important to making this unit successful in providing excellent patient care.
- Top Awarded Unit: This unit is proudly home of the most Daisy Award winners at the facility! The Daisy Award is a nursing excellence award and is awarded based on patient and peer nominations.
What You Will Do
What You Will Do at St. Vincent...
As an Medical/Surgical Registered Nurse, you will provide direct nursing care to those who are poor in health and spirit while working alongside a skilled team of healthcare professionals.
If you’re looking for a career where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- None required. Med/Surg experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)