We Are Hiring
Palliative Care Director
Do you have experience with leading the development and implementation of palliative care programs?
4600 Headquarters - St Louis, MO
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As a Palliative Care Director with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to lead the development and implementation of palliative care programs and services to address the needs of patients and their families living and suffering with chronic, life-limiting disease across the continuum of care.
- Collaborates with clinicians to incorporate palliative and end-of-life care principles and practices in the continuum of care to improve outcomes, quality care and the patient experience, and to reduce costs.
- Provides needed support for clinicians managing the care of persons with chronic, life-limiting disease and those with complex care needs at the end of life.
- Delivers palliative care and end-of-life care research, education and training for providers and caregivers to ensure appropriate and timely requests for consults and integration into care plans.
- Ensures the care of persons who are seriously ill and dying and their families is consistent with the social, spiritual, ethical, and organizational implications of Catholic teaching, including the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services.
- Develop and implement national palliative care program strategies to achieve organizational goals including; increase access to comprehensive specialty palliative care, increase access to Primary Palliative Care, intentional integration into the population health strategy for Ascension and integration with national hospice program initiatives.
- Collaborate with Ascension’s Palliative Care Steering Committee members to lead national Collaborative Workgroup meetings and initiatives.
- Participate in the development of palliative care dashboard KPIs metrics related to program growth/effectiveness, utilization, quality, and patient experience and develop strategies to achieve program goals.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Social Worker obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's in a healthcare related field required.
- Master's degree in Nursing or Social Work preferred.
- 5 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)