We Are Hiring
Ascension Medical Group & Ascension St. Mary’s is looking for a full time Board Certified or Board Eligible Thoracic Surgeon to join our cardio/thoracic surgery team.
Why Join Ascension?
About Ascension St. Mary’s
- Ascension St. Mary’s, based in Saginaw, is a regional leader in advanced specialty care, offering comprehensive services in cardiac science, neuroscience, cancer care, orthopedics, emergency and trauma care.
- Verified Level II Trauma Center & a certified Comprehensive Stroke Center.
- 268 licensed beds and over 25 specialty and primary care locations
- Ascension Standish Hospital, located just north of Ascension St. Mary’s, is a critical access facility with 25 acute and critical care beds, and 29 skilled nursing beds.
- Between Detroit’s urban energy and the Upper Peninsula’s natural beauty, Saginaw (and the Great Lakes Bay Region) serves as the hub for a diverse array of arts, commerce, and culture.
- Resting on more than 77 miles of freshwater coastline, the Great Lakes Bay Region offers a wide variety of communities, ranging from suburban tree-lined streets and scenic waterfronts to bustling downtown areas.
- Easy access to water, air and ground transportation
- Affordable living, top ranked school systems, and some of the best outdoor recreational activities.
- Experience all four seasons of Pure Michigan in our growing and thriving city (visit more here)
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
The ideal candidates will have the vision and excitement to grow the Thoracic Surgery volume and will have the opportunity to lead the General Thoracic Surgery group. This is an exciting opportunity for the right Thoracic Surgeon to join Ascension St. Mary’s Hospital.
All aspects of General Thoracic Surgery are included, both benign and malignant, except for transplantation. The Thoracic Surgery program is supported by cardio thoracic surgeons, oncologic breast surgeon, pulmonary/critical care physicians, and a well-established Multidisciplinary Tumor Board.
Thoracic Surgery Practice Features:
- Health system employed medical group model, large primary care referral
- Growing lung cancer program
- DaVinci Xi robot
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Physician MD/DO with Prescriptive Authority credentialed from the Michigan Board of Medicine .
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required
Equal Employment Opportunity
SMOM/SJHS provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SMOM/SJHS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.