This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
Sr. Analyst – Business Systems -Clinical
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2019, Ascension provided $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes more than 150,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 150 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 20 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
- Builds and conducts testing plan to ensure clinically valid data is available to the business
- Performs mapping of clinical data to a normalized data model.
- Determines approaches to interoperability of clinical data, including mapping of clinical content to data standards to support use case requirements
- Serves as a subject matter expert on clinical data quality and availability
- Builds data concepts to supports clinical use cases
- Act as a quality consultant and subject matter expert, performing testing and validation of the mapped of data elements to standards
- Tests clinical content to ensure the appropriate data modeling, vocabulary, terminology and code-set standard for representing and harmonizing clinical data
- Collaborates with technical resources to perform root cause analysis and complete remediation of data quality issues
- Must have a strong understanding of data collected and used in electronic medical records, and experience navigating EMRs.
- Knowledge and experience with ambulatory and acute clinical workflows and clinical information systems.
- Clinical background, preferably pharmacy or nursing
- Knowledge of healthcare/clinical terminologies and code-sets that comprise measure value sets including SNOMED CT™, LOINC, ICD9-10, CPT4/HCPCS, RxNorm, CVX and other code systems.
- SQL experience desired
- Team focused
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Desire and drive to learn quickly and work hard
- Detail orientated
- Flexible and able to multitask
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)