We Are Hiring
Administrative Assistant - ACO Operations 001 - Full-Time,Day - Ascension St.Mary's-Riverfront - Saginaw, MI
Standard hours Monday - Friday 8-5
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2019, Ascension provided $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes more than 150,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 150 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 20 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension St. Mary's Michigan, you will have the opportunity to provide administrative support for assigned area(s) or program.
This position provides administrative related support for the following key stakeholders:
Physician Hospital Organization (PHO) Administrative Governance Oversight:
- St. Mary's PHO Board of Managers
- St. Mary's PHO Finance & Contracting Committee
- St. Mary's PHO Credentialing Committee
- East Michigan Physician Organization Board of Managers
- St. Mary's PHO Medical Leadership Meetings
- Supports the PHO business organization entity with general administrative oversight for 13 FTE positions
- Management of high volume mailing and communication oversight to physicians associated with St. Mary's PHO (270+ physicians)
- Prepares and distributes correspondence, forms, reports, presentation materials and other written communications as required.
- Schedules and supports preparation for meetings, conferences, programs and/or special events.
- May compile and enter information from a variety of sources into computer database(s), verify data, identify issues and research or correct as appropriate.
- Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls, and handles general inquiries.
- Establishes and maintains filing systems. Orders and stocks supplies.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Preferred: Associate Degree in Business related field
- None required.
- Proficient with computers, Google and Microsoft knowledge required including spreadsheets and Access DataBase preferred
- Typing proficiency of at least 60 words per minute
- At least 3-5 years experience working in office administrative capacity
Equal Employment Opportunity
SMOM/SJHS provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SMOM/SJHS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.