We Are Hiring
Attendant-Food Svcs - Dietary 001 - Part-Time 20 hours, Rotating hours - St Mary's Hospital - Amsterdam, NY
St. Mary’s Healthcare, based in Amsterdam, New York, provides a full range of outpatient services while featuring an award-winning acute care hospital, three Urgent Care Centers, multiple primary and pediatric health centers, specialty care including Cancer Medicine, Gastroenterology, OB-GYN, ENT, Surgical and Urology, inpatient and outpatient mental health services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned outstanding national rankings for excellence in medicine and patient safety.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's Hospital - NY, you will have the opportunity to assist with preparation, assembly and service of food and beverages.
- Handles portions and serves food in accordance with menu and dietary restrictions.
- Adheres to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) guidelines in the sanitation and maintenance of work area. Follows department regulatory standards including hair covering, wearing gloves, dress attire as required.
- Plans, organizes and serves food for large groups. May receive payments for goods; may operate cash register and order supplies.
- Covers, labels and dates all food products to be stored.
- Solves patient/customer problems and responds to patient food service needs.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Food Service Professional credentialed from the ServSafe National Restaurant Association.
Education & Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Hospital setting preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Mary’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
State and Federal laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify links below for more information.
Right to Work