We Are Hiring
RN-ICU - Intensive Care Unit - Full-Time, Night - Ascension Providence - Waco, TX
Why Join Ascension/Providence?
Providence – Texas
Providence Health Center, part of Ascension, is located in West Waco and was founded in 1905 as Waco’s first hospital. The campus, which is part of Providence Healthcare Network, includes a 237 bed, acute-care hospital offering the best level of care in virtually every medical discipline. We are one of the largest employers in Waco with over 2,200 employees who are committed to providing compassionate and personalized care to those we serve.
At Providence Healthcare Network, we believe serving others gives meaning, purpose and joy to our lives. The Providence mission of compassion is perfected by our vision of excellence and we are consistently awarded for the level of care we provide.
Some of the recent awards we are most proud of include:
- Business of the Year by Mission Waco and Business of the Year by the African American Chamber of Commerce
- Ranked 1st in Texas for Cardiac Surgery and among the top 5 percent in the nation.
- Designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacements by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
At Providence, our associates are the core of what keeps our ministry thriving. Through interactions with patients, families and visitors, our associates make our mission real. We also value investing into the local community and are committed to giving back and partnering with organizations who are making Waco a great place to live.
What Providence Healthcare Network has to offer:
- Heart of Care: Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. That’s why, at Ascension, we invest in our nurses, so they can have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve.
- Front Lines: Nurses are on the front lines of the care we provide, and for that reason, [Health Ministry] prides itself in employing some of the best nurses in [State]. And while we pride ourselves in having some of the most experienced nurses in the state, we always welcome exceptional new nurses who are eager to join us
- Working Together: Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. We work together to achieve a highly collaborative nursing environment that leads to more positive outcomes for you and your patients. We are committed to working together to create change. As you embark on the first step of your nursing career, we’d like to invite you to take it with us.
We provide Our Nurses:
- Staffing Support: We offer flexible staffing based on patient volume, so nurses don’t get overwhelmed.
- Teamwork: Our open, highly collaborative work environment allows nurses to identify and share ideas across disciplines, so we can all give better care
- Scheduling: From self-scheduling to flexible shifts, we’re implementing new ways to offer nurses more and better options.
- Learning: Beyond helping to identify areas of improvement daily, our nurses also get access to a wide range of learning opportunities and support.
What You Will Do
As a Registered Nurse in our established Intensive Care Unit at Providence Healthcare Network, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. You will make frequent utilization of your critical decision-making skills, as well as your innate assessment skills to gain a strong understanding of your patients current and future needs. You will then collaborate with the other members of your unique interdisciplinary team to best determine the next step for your patient. You will have autonomy in addition to the support and collaboration of a full team of healthcare professionals.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing (GN) obtained prior to start date or job transfer date is required-OR-Temporary or Current Registered Nurse (RN) license to practice in the state of Texas is required or must be obtained prior to hire or job transfer date-OR current home state license for multi-state license recognition through the Nurse Licensure Compact is required or must be obtained prior to hire or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- None required.
- 2 years RN ICU Experience Preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Providence Healthcare Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M/F/D/V).
A mission of compassion.
A vision of excellence.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.