This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
St. Mary's Healthcare in Amsterdam, New York is offering a career opportunity for a full-time Substance Abuse Technician to work at our Montgomery County Outpatient Behavioral Health Addiction Services Practice.
Why Join Ascension?
St. Mary’s Healthcare, based in Amsterdam, New York, provides a full range of outpatient services while featuring an award-winning acute care hospital, three Urgent Care Centers, multiple primary and pediatric health centers, specialty care including Cancer Medicine, Gastroenterology, OB-GYN, ENT, Surgical and Urology, inpatient and outpatient mental health services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned outstanding national rankings for excellence in medicine and patient safety.
You will need to be credentialed by the New York Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse as a Counselor specializing in Alcohol and Drug Abuse within 2 years of your hire or transfer date.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's Hospital - NY, you will have the opportunity to provide direct substance abuse patient care.
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily living.
- Provides or assists with providing direct patient care, diagnostic procedures and therapeutic interventions.
- Observes and records patient behavior and activities. Reports any changes in condition and suggests modifications to the treatment plan.
- Establishes a therapeutic relationship with assigned patients.
- Provides assessment and treatment of substance use disorders using evidence based tools and strategies.
- Coordinates patient care with other members of the healthcare team to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Counselor specializing in Alcohol and Drug Abuse credentialed from the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services obtained within 24 Months (2 years) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Mary’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
State and Federal laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify links below for more information.
Right to Work