We Are Hiring
Chaplain - Pastoral Spiritual Care with St. Mary's Healthcare Amsterdam Memorial Campus - Amsterdam,NY
Why Join Ascension?
St. Mary’s Healthcare, based in Amsterdam, New York, provides a full range of outpatient services while featuring an award-winning acute care hospital, three Urgent Care Centers, multiple primary and pediatric health centers, specialty care including Cancer Medicine, Gastroenterology, OB-GYN, ENT, Surgical and Urology, inpatient and outpatient mental health services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned outstanding national rankings for excellence in medicine and patient safety.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's Hospital in Amsterdam, New York, you will have the opportunity to provide religious and spiritual care and counsel for emotional and spiritual distress to patients, their families, associates and others with attention to diverse spiritual orientations and cultures.
- Provides pastoral care to the local ministry and community through performing sacraments, rituals, blessings and liturgies.
- Participates and collaborates with others in the delivery of holistic patient care.
- Builds and maintains relationships with patients, families and associates through regular visitations and communication in order to create spiritual and religious connections.
- Mentors Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) students and fellows.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Chaplain specializing in Cert of Endorsement obtained within 24 Months (2 years) of hire date or job transfer date. For those not certified as noted, ecclesiastical endorsement is required at the time of hire.
- Board Certification from the APC, NACC, CASC, or NAJC obtained within 2 years of hire is required.
- Master's Degree in Divinity, Theology, or a related field from an accredited school is required 4 units of Clinical Pastoral Education accredited by the ACPE is required
- 3-5 years of healthcare experience as a chaplain is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Mary’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
State and Federal laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify links below for more information.
Right to Work