We Are Hiring
Payer Relations & Contracting Director
Are you a proven Managed Care leader? Apply today!
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2019, Ascension provided $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes more than 150,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 150 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 20 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As a Payer Relations & Contracting Director with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to negotiate and review payer and direct employer contracts for the organization.
- Directs analysts in financial modeling specific to contracting efforts, ensuring negotiated outcomes meet desired objectives.
- Develops and implements strategic and operational goals and objectives.
- Makes recommendations based on changes and trends in the area of managed care, reimbursement and applicable state and federal
- Develops and evaluates departmental and payor benchmark key performance indicators and major processes.
- Provides reports and recommendations to Ascension's senior leadership
- Is a key member of Ascension's national managed care team. Works in partnership with Ascension Medical Group, and Ascension hospitals to assess and develop infrastructure to support risk contracting and other forms of value based payments.
- Leads the development and contracting for value-based population health opportunities and new reimbursement models. Contracts include fee-for-service.
- Responsible for educating ministries on impact of changes in reimbursement methodology imposed by commercial payers and governmental agencies.
- Serves as a liaison between payers and ministry departments, hosting routine meetings with payers to resolve outstanding issues.
- Develops reports and reporting solutions specific to payer relations, managed care and contracting needs.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree is strongly preferred
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify links below for more information.
Right to Work