We Are Hiring
Cardiology Hospitalist-St. Vincent Medical Group
Why Join Ascension?
When you join Ascension and Ascension Medical Group, you are entering a partnership where physician engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
Your practice will be supported by a robust practice management platform, proven administrative and revenue cycle management services and some of the most current and physician-friendly EHRs on the market.
Physicians benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
Ascension St. Vincent Cardiology Services, a member of Ascension National Health System, is seeking physician candidates for our Cardiology Night Hospitalist Service. Located in Indianapolis, the cardiovascular program enjoys a national and international reputation.
Openings are currently available at two of our Indianapolis facilities:
- Ascension St Vincent, Indianapolis. Drawing patients from Indiana and surrounding states, this 600 bed community teaching facility provides both tertiary and quaternary cardiovascular services, including a robust transplant and VAD program. Using a team based approach, the hospitalist is supported at night by Advanced Practitioners as well as backup services from the Interventional and Advanced Heart Failure services. The critical care units are staffed 24/7 by critical care specialists.
- The Heart Center of Indiana (HCI). This is an 80 bed tertiary hospital specializing solely in the management of cardiovascular diseases (includes EP, intervention, cardiac surgery).
- Both hospitals have been repeatedly identified as IBM Watson (previously Truven) Top 50 Cardiovascular hospitals in the country (the only two named from the same system).
This opportunity features:
- Employment with a group whose with services consistently ranked as “preferred” by consumers for excellent service and clinical outcomes
- Large cardiology practice comprised of 94 physicians, covering all CV sub-specialties.
- State of the art facilities
- ACGME accredited general, interventional, EP, and advanced heart failure cardiology fellowship programs - Top scoring program on ACC fellowship In-training exam
- Internal medicine, family medicine, transitional year residency programs
- Medical students from two regional medical schools
- Low cost of living while offering higher than average wage
- Vibrant research program
- Strong, collaborative, friendly, and stable relationship between clinicians and administration. CV Service line lead by physicians.
Ideal candidates include:
- Graduates of ACGME Internal Medicine residency programs with a special interest in hospitalist work.
- Internal medicine board/board eligible physicians currently employed as hospitalists in medium to large tertiary facilities
- Board/board eligible Internal Medicine physicians who are seeking an employment opportunity while considering future fellowship options such as Cardiology or Critical Care.
- Salary varies based on years of experience and selected site of service ($262,000 - $367,000)
- Provides physicians with the benefit of working 0.7 FTE (1456 - 1581 hours/year) while maintaining full time benefits.
- Flexible work schedule
- Yearly CME stipend
- 403B/457B with match
- Commencement bonus
- Potential support for student loan forgiveness
- Relocation up to $10,000
- Health/dental/short term disability
- Option to purchase long term disability
Ascension Health is the largest non-profit health, non-governmental system in the united states, comprised of over 150 hospitals in 20 states
For further information, potential applicants are invited to contact David Clingan at firstname.lastname@example.org
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Indiana Medical Licensing Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)