We Are Hiring
Mammography Technologist - Seton Imaging Diagnostic - Full-Time, Days - Wilkens Ave-3449-Baltimore MD - Baltimore, MD
Why Join Ascension?
For more than 150 years, Saint Agnes Hospital, part of Ascension, has been dedicated to the art of healing by providing exceptional care to the greater Baltimore area. Built on a strong foundation of excellent medical care and compassion, Saint Agnes and the physicians who practice here are committed to providing the best care for our patients for many years to come.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Agnes Healthcare-MD, you will have the opportunity to
Provides mammography imaging services.
- Operates X-ray equipment and performs various mammography related procedures. Prepares and positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Explains procedures and educates patients about the role of regular mammography in preventive breast health.
- Develops and evaluates the film for technical quality such as density contrast, definition, and distortion.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Instructs students and new hires regarding technical procedures and unit operations.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of the function and operation of all radiographic equipment, anatomy and positioning to ensure consistent quality of radiographic exams. Reviews medical records and orders to ensure proper exam is performed and correct history is obtained.
- Communicates and assists the Radiologist. Quickly recognizes and responds to hypersensitivity or an allergic reaction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates competency in the use of the Radiology Information System and PACS system.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Health Service Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Or military CPR-First Aid training.
- Licensed Radiology Technician credentialed from the Maryland Board of Physicians obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Mammography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Mammography or specializing in Radiology
- Required: Graduate of an accredited educational program in radiography and mandated forty hours education
- Required: No experience at date of hire. Preferred: One (1) year as a technologist at date of hire.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.