We Are Hiring
Senior Technology Analyst - ESD Product Support Analyst
Westport Center Drive - St. Louis, MO
Enterprise Services and Data group with in Ascension Technologies (AT) is seeking a Senior Technology Analyst with ETL technologies expertise to participate in the support of the day to day maintenance of various Analytical Products in operation including tasks related to identifying and troubleshooting issues, finding their resolution and/or escalation / follow-up efforts. The scope of Analytics Product Support group includes maintenance and operations of various Analytical products developed using a Big Data environment, Business Intelligence and Decision Support Systems with in the ESD portfolio
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Technologies leverages technology to create collaborative solutions that improve everyday health decisions. The technology enables seamless access to data across all applications transforming the customer experience when interacting with technology and enhancing our ability across Ascension to better serve communities with greater agility and responsiveness. It is used to provide insightful use of automation and data-drive improvements to enhance the provider, patient and consumer experience as well as keeping cybersecruity with a strong posture to protect data and other valuable assets.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
Ascension Technologies is one of the nation’s largest healthcare information technology services organizations. We provide Ascension and its subsidiaries low-cost, high-value IT infrastructure and software application services that:
- Support rapid and effective clinical decision making
- Improve efficiency and care transitions
- Foster information sharing across the continuum of care
- Make knowledge and data actionable, leading to improved patient outcomes
- Support of the day to day maintenance of all ESD Analytical products
- Diagnose and resolve problems using documented and research procedures
- Works directly with the end-user for resolving product issues and questions
- Work closely with other ESD team members when issues arise
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Data Architecture and Product Development resources in the planning, design, deployment, and testing of new or enhanced solutions
- Performs all work with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of Ascension
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Perform data loads and monitoring activities from heterogenous source systems such as flat files, Oracle DB and real time streams going into Oracle EDW and Enterprise data lake using job scheduling tools such as Cisco Tidal
- Troubleshoot complex data discrepancies of healthcare data, complete root cause analysis and provide solutions to address the issues
- Provide Level 2 support for Analytics jobs in Production. 24x7 on call support on a rotation basis
- Participate in design discussions with development teams and provide operating standards that the product should meet
- Performance tuning and automation of data load jobs. Write Standard operating procedure documents.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- 3 years of experience preferred.
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- BS in Business, or Finance, or MIS, or Computer Science, or related field, or the equivalent, is desired
Desired Work Experience:
- 4 plus years of related technical experience is desired
- Minimum 4+ years of IT industry experience working with large scale database applications.
- 4+ years of experience in SQL and/or Oracle database environments.
- Hands on experience in reviewing and programming SQL queries, importing and exporting data from different databases like cloud database like Big Query, NoSQL, SQL and Oracle etc.
- Understanding of database schemas and data flow diagrams.
- Experience in Healthcare operations and understanding of Healthcare data is desired
- Experience with Tableau or other analytics visualization software development and support
- Prior experience in ERP application support or BI (OBIEE, Business Objects etc.) application support is desirable
- General understanding of scheduling tools
- Demonstrated success documenting technical specifications.
- Hands on experience in Analysis, Design, Coding and Testing phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and/Product Management principles.
- Critical thinking, analytical skills and business acumen needed to make decisions, solve problems and manage time.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to grasp technological opportunities and apply them to operations
- Self-starter with excellent customer service skills, ability to problem solve, and self-directed
Preferred Skill Set:
- Informatica Power Center 9+
- Google Cloud platform (GCP)
- Big Query
- Strong SQL background
- Linux Shell Scripting
- SSIS/SSRS Packages
- SQL server management studio
- Stream sets pipe lines
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Technologies is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)