We Are Hiring
Ascension Via Christi - Ascension Pediatrics Department in Pittsburg, KS is looking for a full time Family Medicine Physician to join our elite team!
Why Join Ascension?
Why Join Ascension Medical Group Via Christi
Largest multi-specialty group practice in Kansas including locations in Manhattan, Pittsburg, Wamego and Wichita
More than 300 providers in 40 specialties providing mission-minded care for all
Academic affiliation with the University of Kansas School of Medicine and sponsorship of 6 residency and 2 fellowship programs
Growing community with approximately 20,000 people
Great downtown with over 80 stores, which include a variety of retail options, restaurants and nightlife opportunities
Family-owned, local restaurants provide a more formal dining experience, without the price tag
Home to Pittsburg State University
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
Ascension Via Christi is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Pediatrician to join our Pediatric Team.
- Join one successful and well-respected pediatrician
- Outpatient focused, while maintaining an inpatient presence
- Approximately 600 deliveries per year
- Level 2 nursery
- Base salary with wRVU incentives
- Up to $50,000 in loan repayment available
- Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills. Coordinates discharge planning with case management.
- Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
- Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
- Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
- Participates in inpatient and outpatient consultation for specialty, which may include on call schedules.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state of Kansas required. Requirement will be tracked by local Med Staff office.
- Board Eligible of Board Certified by the American Board of Pediatrics by date of hire.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please see the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.