We Are Hiring
Patient Transporter (BU) - Patient Transportation 001 - FT Rotating, 70 Hours Bi-Weekly - St Mary's of Michigan-MedCtr - Saginaw, MI
This is a union position.
Full Time position with holiday rotation (10a-8p or 1230-9p), 4 days per week, no weekends
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension St. Mary's of Michigan, you will have the opportunity to transport patients, specimens and equipment throughout the facility.
- Transports patients via wheelchair, stretcher or bed to designated sites as requested, including patients with oxygen tanks, intravenous pumps, drips, monitors and other equipment.
- Assists patients with entering and exiting vehicles, including transfer from or to wheelchairs or stretchers.
- Delivers equipment and specimens to requesting staff or department. Assists staff with removal of deceased bodies from units and transport to morgue.
- Greets and provides information and direction to patients and visitors.
- All other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- HS or Equivalent
- High School diploma or equivalent required and No experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SMOM/SJHS provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SMOM/SJHS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.