We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse Positions
Location: Ascension St. Vincent Evansville Main Campus
- Med/Surg Orthopedics and Neurosurgical
- Med/Surg Post Surgical
- Med/Surg Pulmonary
- Med/Surg Renal Diabetic
- Progressive Cardiac Care (Telemetry)
- ICU Stepdown
- Crticial Care (ICU, CVICU, STICU)
- Actue Rehab
- Surgery - OR
Full Time (36 hours weekly)
Day, Night, and Weekend Option Shifts
12 hours shifts
Why Join Ascension?
Who Are We…
St. Vincent is the leading faith-based health care system in Indiana and is a part of Ascension, the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system. We are committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
What St. Vincent has to offer:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: St. Vincent provides a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Innovative Environment: We are a progressive, stable company with 134 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized care. At St. Vincent, we are actively trying new solutions to help overcome some of healthcare’s toughest challenges.
- National Network: St. Vincent is a part of Ascension, the largest Catholic based, non profit, healthcare organization in the country. This has allowed our organization to maintain a safe working environment and proper PPE for our assiociates working and continuous pay for our associates furlowed due to the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic.
St. Vincent Evansville Highlights:
- Magnet Designated Facility: St. Vincent Evansville is a Magnet designated facility and is currently in the process of seeking it's third designation in a row!
- Level II Trauma Center: St. Vincent Evansville is classified as a Level II Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons - Committee of Trauma for both Adults and Pediatrics.
- Primary Stroke Center: This certification recognizes the St. Vincent Evansville Emergency Department is making exceptional efforts to foster better outcomes. It is a signal to our community that the quality of care we provide meets the unique and specialized care needs of stroke patients.
- New Partnership with Peyton Manning Children’s Hospital: St. Vincent Evansville has now partnered with Peyton Manning Children’s Hospital to provide more Pediatric services in our tri-state area. These services include the opening of our brand new Pediatric Emergency Department.
What You Will Do
As our Registered Nurse, you will provide direct nursing care to those who are poor in health and spirit while working alongside a skilled team of healthcare professionals.
If you’re looking for a career where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
None required. RN experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)