We Are Hiring
Senior Financial Analyst - BlackLine Team
Ministry Service Center - Indianapolis, IN
Why Join Ascension?
The Ascension Ministry Service Center (MSC) provides business services for all of Ascension so that front-line associates can focus on what matters most – caring for patients. Some of the services include payroll, benefits, accounts payable and accounting. Over the years, the Ministry Service Center has matured into a central hub of teams providing innovative support to associates across Ascension. Teams at the MSC are often the go-to source for complex transformations, enterprise-wide projects, new services and other work that involves understanding the complexities of a large multi-state organization.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Senior Financial Analyst with Ascension Ministry Service Center – BlackLine Team, you will support the preparation of GAAP financial statements and contribute to the timely completion and analysis of financial results and accounting transactions, participate in an efficient close process, and understand the internal and external requirements to ensure accurate reporting.
- Assist Managers and Directors in day-to-day accounting operational tasks
- Performs monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes for designated entities
- Responsible for becoming a Subject Matter Expert (SME) of BlackLine Software to assist in management of all Business Units on platform
- Review, research, and train BlackLine users for all reconciliation types within the Accounting & Reporting COE and other COEs in future
- Communicate efficiently, effectively, and respectfully with multiple teams within and outside of Accounting & Reporting COE to ensure BlackLine Policies are understood and upheld
- Identify systematic issues, at times across numerous software platforms, and work with proper teams to rectify
- Review, research, and recommend improvements to analysis, reporting, and compliance issues and understand the financial implications thereof
- Overcome any “road-blocks” to prevent stagnation of projects
- Identify inefficiencies in current processes, formulate solutions, and carry through process improvement across numerous software platforms
- Understand system processes and perform analysis when researching complex multiple year variances for all balance sheet account types
- Understand higher level viewpoint/bigger picture/mindset to suggest process changes
- Ability to break down complex problems and utilize forensic type accounting tools
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred
- MBA/CPA preferred
- 4 years of relevant accounting experience preferred.
- Experience with BlackLine Software preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access) and/or G Suite preferred
- Experience with PeopleSoft or other large ERP system preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Ministry Service Center is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
The Ascension Ministry Service Center participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)