We Are Hiring
Medical Lab Scientist (MLS) - Lab Chemistry Anc - PRN, Day - St Mary's Hospital - Amsterdam, NY
Why Join Ascension?
For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve. So if you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
Teamwork: Our open, highly collaborative work environment allows nurses to identify and share ideas across disciplines so we can all give better care.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's Hospital -NY, you will have the opportunity to perform routine diagnostic and analytic testing of laboratory specimens independently.
- Performs, validates, interprets, documents and reports laboratory test results. May collect and process specimens.
- Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting. Executes and evaluates quality control and quality assurance procedures. Documents and reports as required by regulatory agencies.
- Understands and participates in all aspects of clinical laboratory testing; pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical. Anticipates and maintains required supplies for uninterrupted testing.
- Assists with data collection or special projects as assigned.
- Assists in documentation, evaluation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staffstatistics/reports.
- Assists in training and mentoring MLTs, new associates and students.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Mary’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
State and Federal laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Mary's Healthcare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.