We Are Hiring
Looking for a PRN Cardiac Stress Tech position in our Non Invasive Cardiology Department?
Join our family of dedicated, highly skilled Cardiac Stress Technicians at Ascension St. Vincent’s Riverside. We boast a 528-bed hospital with a fast paced, exciting atmosphere and an ever-constant flow of patients. Ascension St. Vincent’s Riverside is home to a large and prestigious cardiovascular program which will afford you the opportunity to gain invaluable experience in your role. In this thrilling environment, each day will bring variety and excitement to your work.
The Cardiac Stress Technician will work under the direct supervision of site physician, performing various cardiac stress testing (nuclear and non-nuclear); administration of exercise and pharmacological stress tests, and application of ACLS measures to patients when directed.
Primary Activities and Responsibilities
- Clinical chart preparation, reviews current medication list, past medical history, social history, and review of systems
- Preparation of patient for stress testing procedure
- EKG performance and monitoring during stress testing
- Assess patient’s blood pressure, pulse, respiration, lung sounds, and establish Peripheral Intravenous (IV) access
- Monitor patient through 12 lead EKG stress testing including application of 12 lead and rhythm identification and interpretation
- Assures completeness of test reports including data editing
- Maintains Stress Lab Inventory (crash cart supplies, emergency drugs, and equipment)
- Identifies equipment failures with stress machines and places service call to appropriate equipment vendor to coordinate repairs
- Associate’s Degree or Technical Degree from an accredited institution required
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Certified Cardiographic Technician (CCT)
- Experience performing Cardiac Stress Testing required
- Work hours may vary in length and schedule (may include a non-standard work week)
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension St. Vincent’s, based in Jacksonville, Florida, has served the people of Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia since 1873. It is home to the largest cardiovascular program between Atlanta and Orlando. From its humble beginning to its current status as a regional healthcare system, Ascension St. Vincent's is widely recognized for delivering quality, compassionate care.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's Healthcare (SVHC) will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hired individuals regardless of schedule and hours, including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)