We Are Hiring
Technology Specialist located in Glendale,WI
Daytime hours, M-F
Ignite your IT career in the healthcare field with Ascension. We offer opportunity for advancement, training and excellent benefits!
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to work with assigned customers/areas to translate business requirements into application/system solutions.
- Serves customers as a key point of contact.
- Manages customer expectations and ensures prompt and complete customer service.
- Forms productive networks with internal and external customers and the vendor community.
- Produces project plans, RFP's, and RFI's.
- Customizes presentations to the interests of the audience.
- Conducts diagnosis of most business problems.
- Designs, directs and performs analyses to resolve complex first-time project issues including analysis of technical and economic feasibility of proposed system solutions.
- Designs projects with broad implications requiring systems integration of one or more technical platforms. Leads design sessions by presenting logical statements of business problems and designs.
- Participates in the design of technical requirements for the application/solution and transformation development.
- Serves as a staff resource and mentor regarding understanding of architectural systems.
- Takes an active role in improving standards related to documentation, ETL development and QA testing.
- Design and develop solutions to integrate data provided by external sources.
- Prepares and validates end to end data logic and mapping
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar preferred.
- 5 years of experience preferred.
- Informatica and SSIS experience preferred
- SQL development preferred.
- End to end development and testing of ETL processes, documentation of data flow preferred
- Knowledge of file transfer utilities as well as job automation and scheduling preferred
- Knowledge of cloud technology is a plus
- Knowledge of data modeling concepts is a plus
- Exposure to the healthcare care field (preferably in a hospital or clinical setting)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)