We Are Hiring
Technologist - Radiology - Diagnostic Radiology 001 - PT, Rotating - Amsterdam Memorial Campus - Amsterdam, NY
Why Join Ascension?
For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve. So if you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
Teamwork: Our open, highly collaborative work environment allows nurses to identify and share ideas across disciplines so we can all give better care.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's Hospital -NY, you will have the opportunity to take radiologic films providing quality images to physicians to aid in the diagnosis of medical problems.
- Prepares and positions patients for imaging and selects exposure factors accurately.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevents patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist credentialed from the New York Department of Health obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
Education & Work Experience:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Mary’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
State and Federal laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Mary's Healthcare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.