We Are Hiring
Our Lady of Peace in Lewiston, NY -- a part of Ascension Living -- has an IMMEDIATE OPENING for a Nurse Assistant Student in the SNF Nursing Unit A Department on a Part-Time/Days/22.50 Hours Per Week basis! Please apply today if you are interested!
Why Join Ascension?
- We encourage a diversity of talent and thought – while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good – patients and associates. Our Nurse Assistant Students are on the front lines of the care we provide, and for that reason, Our Lady of Peace prides itself in employing some of the best Healthcare Professionals in Western New York. As an associate of the National Healthcare System Ascension Living, you will enjoy a full Benefits Package that boasts affordable health coverage and generous PTO. In addition, you have opportunity for advancement or relocation throughout your career with us.
- Working at Our Lady of Peace is definitely more than just a job too. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering high-quality Healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the local community. With a mission established decades ago, your role on our team will contribute to a legacy that has supported our community for nearly 20 years! We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
What You Will Do
At Ascension Living’s Our Lady of Peace, you will find meaningful careers, great residents, outstanding teams, a collaborative atmosphere, and plenty of room to make your mark. This is a “PART TIME / DAYS / 22.50 HOURS PER WEEK” shift position. As a Nurse Assistant Student for Our Lady of Peace, you will provide patient/resident care as required under the direct supervision of the Licensed Nurse. Completing assigned tasks to ensure timely, efficient and safe patient/resident care, while communicating and interacting with patients, residents, families and other health team members is an essential component of this position. You must be willing to work a flexible schedule, that may include weekends and/or holidays, in order to facilitate the implementation of care plans for our residents. The Nurse Assistant Student may only be employed as a Nurse Aide Trainee for 120 days from the date of hire or the date of completion of Nurse Aide Training Program, whichever occurred first, as required in 10 NYCRR 415.13. (c)(2) (iii), (iv), and (vi). After 120 days from date of hire, or date of training completion, whichever occurred first, the trainee must have become NYS certified or must be reassigned to a different title in a in a different department until they become NYS Certified.
What You Will Need
- Completion of 10th Grade, High School, or GED (PREFERRED)
- Experience working in health related field or service industry (PREFERRED)
- Enrolled in a current NYS CNA Program (or looking to be enrolled in one through our facility)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)