This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
St. Mary's Village (Manor), an Ascension Living community in Blue Springs, MO is searching for experience, qualified, and talented Cook to join our team in the Kitchen.
Hours worked will vary from 11am - 7:30pm or 6:30am - 2:30pm.
Apply on-line today or in person at our campus located at 111 NW Mock Ave, Blue Springs, MO.
St. Mary's has a beautiful multi-level facility which features Assisted Living, Memory Care, and Skilled Rehab units. Located just off I-70 in Eastern Jackson County, we’re across the street from St. Mary’s Medical Center. National and local retailers, restaurants and festivals are minutes away in downtown Blue Springs. And just north of town, more than 1,000 acres of protected forest and prairie can be found at Burr Oaks Woods Nature Center, a favorite for birdwatchers.
Why join St. Mary's Village?
- Be part of a great team and culture
- Generous PTO, excellent (and affordable) medical, dental, vision and retirement (with a match)
- Flexible scheduling and student friendly
- Tuition reimbursement, discount programs and more
What You Will Do
As a Cook, you will prepare food, read and review menus and recipes for preparation according to proper procedure.
- Prepare food, which is palatable and appetizing in appearance
- Perform culinary basics and all other techniques as required for food preparation
- Follow oral or written directions, recipes, menus and instructions
- Understand and prepares therapeutic and mechanically altered diets according to standardized recipes
- Taste food to assure consistency, texture and quality of product
- Maintain food quality from production to meal service
- Operate and maintain kitchen equipment and utensils using safe and sanitary procedures
- Avoid food waste, maintain clean work area, and meet meal schedules
- Document and maintain appropriate food temperatures
- Ensure compliance with food safety standards and regulatory guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Food Service Professional credentialed from the ServSafe National Restaurant Association.
- High school diploma or GED required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)