We Are Hiring
RN-Emergency Department - Emergency Department 001 - Full-Time,Night - Crittenton Hospitl/Med Ctr - Rochester,MI
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Current ACLS certification or obtain within one (1) month of hire or transfer required.
- Obtain and maintain BLS certification on completion of hospital orientation required.
- Current State of Michigan Registered Nurse license at time of hire/transfer date required.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Successful completion of approved Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) course preferred.
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification preferred.
- Current ENPC preferred.
- NIHSS certification preferred.
- Current TNCC preferred.
- Graduate from an accredit School of Nursing at time of hire/transfer date BSN preferred
- Experience as an RN in an Emergency Department in an acute care hospital (a hospital that is not a free standing emergency facility) required. Successful completion of the ECG interpretation exam by end of orientation required. Demonstrate knowledge of Growth and Development over life span for all ages required. Successful completion of the Moderate Sedation competency, or obtain by end of orientation required. Successful completion of Emergency Department BKAT exam by the end of orientation required. Completion of Department required NIMS certification by end of orientation required. CBRNE training desirable.