We Are Hiring
APRN- Clinical Nurse Specialist- Acute - Nursing Administration 002 - Full-Time, Day - Indianapolis- 2001 West 86th St - Indianapolis, IN.
Typical Monday through Friday day shift with the occasional time to help support night shift and weekend staff as needed.
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs
- At St. Vincent, nursing is more than a job; it’s a calling with a purpose of caring, healing and hope.
- Come Make a Difference - by joining the St. Vincent Nurse Family of Super Hero Nurses dedicated to healthcare that focuses on the whole person - body, mind, and spirit
What You Will Do
As a Clinical Care Specialist, you have a desire to be a consultant, research, manage and educate in a Medical Critical Care area. You will provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization for the following seven units:
Medical Progressive Care Unit
Out-Patient Oncology Infusion
- Serves as an expert consultant for staff in areas of program development, clinical practice, and professional development.
- Contributes to defining, directing and evaluating the nursing care and functions of clinical staff.
- Manages clinical research projects in support of evidence-based practice and disseminates findings.
- Develops, implements and evaluates educational plans/programs and utilizes methods, measurements and tools to evaluate achievement of learning goals.
- May assess the learning needs of patients and families and develops and/or implements teaching programs.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Clinical Nurse Specialist credentialed from the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist credentialed from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- Master's degree required
- Minimum 3 years of Nursing experience
- Critical Care Experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)