We Are Hiring
Auditor-Coding - PP Surgery General 001 - Full-Time,Day - Health Park - Grand Blanc,MI
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Genesys Health System-MI, you will have the opportunity to
Performs periodic and ongoing audits of claims to ensure accuracy of coding and billing, and sufficiency of supporting documentation.
- Audits specified number of records per coder as defined in the system coding audit plan.
- Prepares audit reports that are issued to key stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Develops corrective action plans to address opportunities for coding, billing and documentation improvement.
- Identifies trends and educational opportunities. Prepares and presents educational programs related to coding.
- Assists in the management of the coding and billing auditing and monitoring program to address high risk compliance areas.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- 1 year of experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Genesys Health System will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.