We Are Hiring
Asst-Office Operations - Gloversville Urgent Care - Part-Time, Day - Gloversville Family Health Ctr - Gloversville, NY
9-7 and varying shifts to fit needs for staffing. Rotational weekends and holidays.
Why Join Ascension?
St. Mary’s Healthcare, based in Amsterdam, New York, provides a full range of outpatient services while featuring an award-winning acute care hospital, three Urgent Care Centers, multiple primary and pediatric health centers, specialty care including Cancer Medicine, Gastroenterology, OB-GYN, ENT, Surgical and Urology, inpatient and outpatient mental health services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned outstanding national rankings for excellence in medicine and patient safety.
St. Mary's Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's Hospital - NY, you will have the opportunity to work in a customer service capacity providing administrative and clerical support to patients and customers in a medical setting.
- Greets patients and visitors, checks patients in and out, and obtains necessary documentation. Verifies and enters demographic information.
- Obtains and verifies insurance authorizations/precertification. Completes medical record release requests and schedules/confirms patient appointments.
- Enters, reviews and submits charges for patient procedures and services daily. Collects co-payments and reconciles all daily reports and deposits for accuracy.
- Provides general office and clerical support to assigned area.
What You Will Need
Education & Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Previous medical office experience beneficial. Answering phones, registering patients, computer usage, some medical terminology.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Mary’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
State and Federal laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Mary's Healthcare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.