We Are Hiring
HVAC/Plant Operations Tech - Maintenance 001 - Full-Time Rotating - Brighton Center For Recovery-34003 - Brighton, MI
Drivers License obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Universal EPA Refrigerant Certification required by hire or job transfer date.
High School Diploma or GED required. Graduate of Trade School OR 3 years as a journeyman HVAC Technician requir
Three years of HVAC Technician or equivalent work experience required.
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension-MI, you will have the opportunity to, under general supervision, install, operate and maintain all equipment in the facility’s physical plant as wellas related equipment throughout the campus. Also installs, operates and maintains heating and air conditioning(HVAC) systems. Identifies repair or replacement needs, then completes installations or repairs. Conducts preventive maintenance and upgrades for plant and HVAC systems and equipment. Assists other department associates within and outside of their trade.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the organization’s core values through active involvement in the serviceexcellence process. Works cooperatively and effectively with departmental staff and other Brighton Center for Recovery Associates. Contributes to a positive work environment.
- Demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes, follows safety rules, works to prevent unsafe conditions andbehaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental safety programs.
- Installs, inspects, maintains, repairs and performs preventive maintenance on all HVAC systems.
- Installs, inspects, maintains, repairs and performs preventive maintenance on physical plant equipment andsystems including boilers, high and low-pressure steam systems, fan-coil units, air-conditioning equipment,emergency generators, air compressors, electric pumps, electrical switchgear, and all related equipment used to provide utilities such as light, heat, water, power, refrigeration and other services across the campus (water supply systems, sewage systems, steam distribution systems, and domestic hot water systems).
- Responds to emergency situations during or after normally scheduled hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Prioritizes work orders and completes work within scheduled completion dates. Reads and interprets specifications, schematic diagrams and blueprints. Maintains appropriates instructional manuals technical documents, schematics and blueprints.
- Assists in the development of preventive maintenance procedures, tagging, and checkout of new equipment.
- Maintains current knowledge and understanding of building management and fire alarm systems. Operates building management and safety systems according to established procedures. Troubleshoots building and plant operations problems and takes action to correct and repair same as necessary.
- Completes minor repairs to machines, equipment, and systems normally attended to by other departmental support staff. This may include equipment such as air compressors, fire equipment and lighting systems.
- Works with contractors and vendors to orient them to plant and building systems and equipment and departmental procedures. Provides assistance in securing vendor quotes when necessary.
- Applies cost-effective measures in order to improve efficiency and supports cost-containment efforts.
- Performs snow removal and salt spreading for walkways, parking areas and building entrances. Assists with salt-spreading equipment repairs.
- Assists other department associates with tasks and duties necessary for proper campus maintenance and improvement.
- Performs other departmental duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Facility Manager.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Drivers License obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Universal EPA Refrigerant Certification required by hire or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Second Class Steam Stationary Engineer license preferred.
- Third Class Refrigeration License preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Graduate of Trade School OR 3 years as a journeyman HVAC Technician required.
- Three years of HVAC Technician or equivalent work experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)