We Are Hiring
Ascension St. Vincent North Region is seeking a lead hospitalist to join our elite team.
Why Join Ascension?
About Ascension St. Vincent Indianapolis
- As a member of the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, Ascension St. Vincent Indianapolis serves the greater Indianapolis metropolitan area with hospital care, a 24/7 ER, Level I Trauma Center and Transplant
- Ascension St. Vincent Indianapolis is an 825-bed hospital and has consistently been ranked nationally by HealthGrades, the nation’s leading provider of independent hospital ratings, in many of our specialty areas including: Heart Care, Critical care, Gastrointestinal care, Orthopedic services, Pulmonary services, and Stroke care.
- Serving Indiana for 136 years, Ascension St. Vincent Indianapolis is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
- Indianapolis is the 15th largest city in the nation and is the center of America's heartland.
- Indianapolis supports more than 200 arts organizations, including a world-class symphony, theater, opera, ballet, museums, art galleries and professional sports.
- Home to the nationally best rated Indianapolis International Airport, the world's largest children's museum as well as one of the nation's largest privately funded zoos.
- Indiana's cost of living and unemployment rates remain below the national average. Physicians in Indiana enjoy low malpractice rates, making Indiana one of the top physician friendly states in which to practice medicine.
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
Physician Lead, Hospitalist Service - Ascension St Vincent North Region
Responsible for management and oversight of hospitalist program and physicians covering hospitalist service at the following Ministries: Ascension St. Vincent Carmel, Ascension St. Vincent Fishers and Ascension St. Vincent Anderson.
Ensure physician and advanced practice provider alignment with Ascension St. Vincent Mission, Vision and Values. Achieve and maintain a superior, patient-centered regional hospitalist program that consistently meets the quadruple aim with every patient encounter.
Qualifications: Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy with 3-5 years of hospitalist experience and one year of leadership experience.
Specific goals and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop regional approach to hospitalist medicine leveraging physicians across three PPS ministries in the North Region
- Develop resource pool of physician hospitalists to reduce and/or eliminate need for external Locum Tenens physicians throughout Ascension St. Vincent
- Optimize utilization of Advanced Practice Providers in pursuit of the quadruple aim
- Launch, growth and maintenance of the Accountable Care Unit model at all three Ministry hospitalist service
- Provide clinical leadership to hospitalists
- Achieve and maintain negative excess days on average (or LOS targets) per encounter
- Creation of monthly dashboards to reflect pertinent financial and quality metrics for dissemination to hospital executive leadership
- Decrease clinical variation and spread standardization to raise quality and reduce cost
- Support surgical and medical subspecialists to grow hospitalist program, raise quality standards and improve efficiencies
- Create and maintain relationship with outpatient physicians
- Foster collaboration with nursing in pursuit of the quadruple aim
- Foster collaboration with the entire medical staff of every ministry
- Ensure professional development of all hospitalist providers
- Modification of hospitalist incentive compensation model to align hospitalist goals with hospital and system goals
- Ensure hospitalist program compliance with Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies
- Develop and maintain a hospitalist physician and APP recruiting and staffing plan
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Indiana Medical Licensing Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)