We Are Hiring
Saint Joseph Center, part of Ascension Living, is looking for caring and compassionate LPNs to join the team! Located in a tranquil setting close to major Freeport roads, Presence Saint Joseph Center is easily accessible. This 120-bed community offers short-stay rehabilitation and long-term skilled nursing care. We make every effort to help our residents feel comfortable, respected and loved. Many of our staff members are long-tenured and form close relationships with residents. A kind word, a shared laugh or a heartfelt hug can brighten a day.
PRN LPN Opening
Day Shift: 6 AM - 2:30 PM
PM Shift: 2 PM - 10:30 PM
Night Shift: 10 PM - 6:30 AM
Schedule will include some weekends and holidays
Why Join Ascension?
Be part of a great team and culture
Generous PTO, excellent (and affordable) medical, dental, vision and retirement (with a match)
Flexible scheduling and student friendly
Tuition reimbursement, discount programs and more
What You Will Do
As anLPN with Ascension Living, you will have the opportunity to provide basic bedside care to long term care patients under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) or physician, functioning within scope of license.
- Perform delegated resident care tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Contribute to continuity of care and effective communication by documenting and reporting care provided and changes in the resident’s condition to the appropriate person in a timely manner
- Anticipate, recognize, report and respond to changes in resident/patient condition
- Implement interventions based upon the physician's medical plan and standards of care including medication and treatments with knowledge of therapeutic intent
- Assist residents and families with care planning, education and referrals
- Follow regulatory and ministry standards, policies, procedures and precautions in the performance of all job duties to ensure a safe work environment
- Assure resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate
- Assume responsibility for compliance with federal, state and local regulations within the assigned neighborhood
- Provides support with activities of daily living as needed
- Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma or GED required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)