We Are Hiring
Chaplain - Mission Services 001 - Full-Time,Day - Via Christi Village Manhattan - Manhattan,KS
Join our Team at Via Christi Village, part of Ascension Living! This 93 bed continuing care retirement community is centrally located in Manhattan, KS and offers independent and assisted Living as well as rehabilitation and long-term skilled nursing.
Why join Via Christi Village?
- Be part of a great team and culture
- Opportunities for advancement; we love to see our people grow!
- Generous PTO, excellent (and affordable) medical, dental, vision and retirement (with a match)
- Flexible scheduling and student friendly
- Tuition reimbursement, discount programs and more!
Why Join Ascension?
Senior Living and Long-Term Care Communities
As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.
We’re the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.
More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension – professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Senior Living, you will have the opportunity to
Provides religious and spiritual care and counsel for emotional and spiritual distress to patients, their families, associates and others with attention to diverse spiritual orientations and cultures.
- Provides pastoral care to the local ministry and community through performing sacraments, rituals, blessings and liturgies.
- Participates and collaborates with others in the delivery of holistic patient care.
- Builds and maintains relationships with patients, families and associates through regular visitations and communication in order to create spiritual and religious connections.
- Mentors Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) students and fellows.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Chaplain specializing in Cert of Endorsement obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. For those not certified as noted, ecclesiastical endorsement is required at the time of hire.
- Board Certification from the APC, NACC, CASC, or NAJC (or certification obtained within 2 years of hire, risking termination if not obtained within timeframe) is required.
- Masters Degree in Divinity, Theology, or a related field from an accredited school is required 4 units of Clinical Pastoral Education accredited by the ACPE is required
- 3-5 years of healthcare experience as a chaplain is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)