We Are Hiring
RN Nurse Manager - Long Term Care/Skilled Nursing Facility 003 - Full-Time, Day - Amsterdam Memorial Campus Wilkinson RHCF - Amsterdam, NY
Why Join Ascension?
Why Join the St. Mary’s Wilkinson RHCF Ascension Family?
For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve. So if you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
We are located on the St. Mary's Hospital Memorial Campus on Route 30 Amsterdam, the Wilkinson Center is the area's most complete long-term care facility. The 160-bed skilled nursing facility offers a full range of services in a caring, residential setting designed to meet the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of each resident. The Wilkinson Center has a special wing exclusively for patients with dementia, Alzheimer's disease or other brain disorders.
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
- Teamwork: Our open, highly collaborative work environment allows associates to identify and share ideas across disciplines so we can all give better care.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's Hospital -NY, you will have the opportunity to manages activities, workflow and nursing resources of assigned nursing unit(s).
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements for self and within unit.
- Conducts hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of patient care services for the assigned unit(s). Develops and implements policies and procedures to guarantee efficient and effective delivery of health services in a unit.
- Monitors and adheres to budget. Approves or monitors expenditures, purchases and other actions to ensure compliance with budget guidelines.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the New York Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Education & Work Experience:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing with experience required
- 3 years of experience required. 1 year of leadership or management experience required.
- Stong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, residents and family members
- Long Term Care Knowledge
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Mary’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
State and Federal laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Mary's Healthcare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.