We Are Hiring
Manager - Case Management (RN)
Ascension Via Christi
Why Join Ascension?
Via Christi Health, a part of Ascension, is the largest healthcare provider in the state of Kansas and operate a network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services.
Our benefits and culture are two aspects of Ascension Via Christi that we feel set us apart.
- Ascension Via Christi was named by Forbes' as one of Kansas Best Employers
- Ascension is a qualified employer under under The Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- We offer child care for day shift associates through our onsite Child Development Center
- Transformational Healthcare Environment: Our care teams collaborate between each other nationwide. Through working and learning together, we can create standards of excellence to be used across the system. We embrace change if it will improve the outcome for the patient.
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
What You Will Do
As a Manager in Case Managment, with Ascension Via Christi Health, you will have the opportunity to manage assigned Registered Nurse (RN) case managers, related activities and workflow to ensure effective and efficient patient care.
- Manages professional and clerical associates who work with a range of functions, including but not limited to: Access Authorization and pre-certification, utilization review and denial management, Care Coordination, Collaborative treatment planning and core measures, Discharge Planning, tracking of the post-acute period and provision of disease management, and contracting internally and externally.
- Communicates with administration and medical staff in matters related to appropriateness of hospital admissions, discharge planning, and length of stay.
- Serves as content specialist for staff in the areas of utilization criteria, appeal and review process, and case management system documentation.
- Develops staff schedule and revises assignments daily to assure optimal unit coverage and distribution of workload within staffing standards. Covers on units as needed and serves as a resource for complex case management issues.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Kansas Board of Nursing .
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing with experience required. BSN required.
- 3 years of experience required. 1 year of leadership or management experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please see the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)