We Are Hiring
Senior Marketing Specialist
Do you have experience creating and supporting marketing and communications strategies, along with a passion for healthcare? Come join our team to support the One Ascension journey locally and nationally!
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As a Senior Marketing Specialist with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with leadership to implement strategies in branding and marketing, public relations, internal communications and digital communications that advance the organization's goals.
- Supports marketing and communications strategy
- Creates and implements tactics that align local market voice to System's key messages that reflect the organization's direction and position.
- Ensures that communications are consistent, accurate and appropriate to support the organization's identity and further its strategies and mission.
- Supports Marketing and Communications leadership and staff to implement internal and external resources to support the One Ascension journey locally and nationally.
- Uses appropriate metrics and measurement strategies to enable continuous improvement and ensures effective use of resources.
- Supports development of our integrated ministry by developing and implementing communications that foster leadership engagement and gains associate's support and understanding of the organization's values and strategic priorities.
- Create marketing communication that supports business objectives and reflects the needs, motivations, and priorities of service line stakeholders.
- Create iterations of internal and external communication with guidance from the Integrated Communication team members.
- Instill confidence and build trust through responsiveness and excellence with service line leaders, regional executives, and the ministry-wide marketing team.
- Report daily and bi-weekly status of projects to manager, identifying any major blockers that may delay deployment plans and roadmaps.
- Interlock weekly with public relations and sponsorship teams to streamline activities and ensure messaging is on point and in line with approved branding.
- Meet weekly with service line leader to ensure pending marketing content is accurate and will support business needs.
- Contribute to monthly and quarterly reporting as needed
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 1 year of experience required.
- 4 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)