We Are Hiring
Precertification Coordinator - Patient Accounting 003 -
Part-Time, Day - St Vincent's 119 Health & Wellness - Hoover, AL
As an Associate with St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you will have the opportunity to coordinate with physicians offices and insurance companies in obtaining authorization for all hospital admissions.
- Obtains authorization on for admissions as required by health plans.
- Enters patient insurance authorizations and any pertinent information from insurance company into the patient account history. Documents insurance coverage of services to be provided.
- Notifies case management about interactions with insurance companies regarding services. Manages denials or potential denials as described by insurer.
- Monitors and reviews applicable schedule to ensure that authorization and initial length of stay is obtained and on file.
- High school diploma or GED required
In Alabama, St. Vincent's Health System operates five hospitals (St. Vincent’s Birmingham, St. Vincent’s Blount, St. Vincent's Chilton, St. Vincent’s East, and St. Vincent’s St. Clair) in addition to several other healthcare facilities. St. Vincent's Health System employs more than 4,800 associates and has been serving Birmingham for more than 118 years.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Why Join Ascension?
What You Will Do
What You Will Need