We Are Hiring
Organizational Development, Sr. Consultant
Hours: Full-Time, Days
Location: Remote - Travel required 30-50%
Strategic Consulting within Organizational Development & Learning is responsible for support of enterprise-level initiatives, working with Ascension senior leadership, initiative sponsors/leads, HR Delivery, and other consultative partners to provide thought partnership, consultation and support in the areas of organizational effectiveness, culture and assessments, change management, organization design and M&A. This role will support our Ascension digital transformation.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
The Senior Consultant, OD Strategic Consulting will collaborate with executives, initiative sponsors, leaders, and internal/external consultative partners to design and deploy best in class solutions, processes, tools and resources, and support their implementation as appropriate for the scope and scale of the project.
- Support large-scale, complex, enterprise-level initiatives in the areas of organizational effectiveness, culture and assessments, change management, organization design and M&A; interacting and consulting with enterprise executives and initiative leaders and team members.
- Partner with project/initiative leaders, sponsors, and stakeholders, as appropriate, to conduct in-depth needs assessment and project/initiative analysis to inform the design, build, and delivery of appropriate recommendations and/or solutions.
- Serve as the primary point of contact from OD&L on the project teams and responsible for ensuring deliverables and outcomes are met and risks are managed and escalated appropriately.
- Provide guidance and deliver expertise to Ascension senior leaders and enterprise-level project teams in the areas of organizational design and effectiveness, change leadership/management, culture change, associate experience, mergers & acquisitions and organization/leadership/team assessments.
- Utilize subject matter expertise to ensure alignment of recommendations and solutions with Ascension Mission, values, culture, Advanced Strategic Direction and sound OD theory and methods.
- Responsible for applying standard OD consulting strategies, processes, frameworks and tools in alignment with OD&L philosophies and Ascension culture.
- Continually strive to increase his/her OD&L subject matter expertise by staying abreast of current research, market and industry trends and embody our Mission and OD&L profession through initiative/project engagements and day-to-day interactions.
- Manage conflicting priorities and identify connections across multiple initiatives/projects, appropriately escalating risks and opportunities for alignment
- Provide direction and informal leadership to other OD&L associates in support of his/her project/initiative as appropriate
- Serves as an expert Change Agent navigating others through significant transformational change for the collective good of the enterprise.
What You Will Need
- High School or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Organization Development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or related field or equivalent experience. Master’s degree in one of the above fields preferred.
- 7 years of experience implementing Organization Development, Organization Effectiveness, Change Management, Learning and Development, and/or Talent Management programs in a complex and/or matrixed environment preferred
- 3 years internal or external consulting experience
- Experience with large scale transformational change, mergers & acquisitions, and/or significant organizational redesign in a healthcare environment
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Possesses the business acumen and ability to apply knowledge and experience in the areas of Change Management, Learning and Development, Organizational Development, Organizational Effectiveness and Talent Management to drive business strategies.
- Possesses significant experience working with executives, senior leaders and project owners in the development and implementation of enterprise-wide solutions.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to build strong, trusted relationships with key stakeholders
- Exhibits commanding professional presence that instills trust and credibility in the actions and outcomes of the OD&L COE.
- Possesses the ability to think at a system level.
- Demonstrates Ascension’s Essential Behaviors for Building Community.
- Possesses excellent consulting, collaboration, and partnering skills.
- Uses innovative thinking to problem-solve, identify, and design solutions.
- Seeks and is open to continuous feedback and uses feedback as a tool for continuous development, and is comfortable and artful in providing constructive feedback, when appropriate, to others.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)