We Are Hiring
Data Analyst- Nashville, TN
Are you looking to expand your career in data and analytics? Join a team where you can enjoy great benefits and a shared passion for helping others. Some of our benefits include generous PTO and continuous training and development.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to collect and analyze data from multiple sources for the development of reports and statistical information.
• Compiles analytical and statistical reports as needed.
• Oversees provision of ad hoc management reports.
• Reviews information for accuracy and reconciles data on a regular basis.
• Proficiency with data extraction, manipulation, and interpretation using multiple data sources (EMR, claims, payer data)
• Develops and prepares the required and/or requested reports, charts and graphs Analyzes claims and clinical loss data for trends and identifies opportunities for additional evaluation and focus.
• Analyzes data for trends and identifies opportunities for additional evaluation and focus .
• Conducts data analysis to assist Health Ministries and System Office staff in defining key performance indicators, measurement and management improvement Collaborates with IT Division regarding the system requirements and necessity for accurate, timely reports and access to claims information Reviews National Benchmarking studies, focused on claims and clinical loss prevention.
• Develops approaches to presenting information including presentations and communications. Supports advance project management, improvement initiatives and tactical decisions/plans.
• Analyzes healthcare data from conceptualization through presentation of data and proficiency with analytical tools, knowledge of data analysis methodology, use of presentation software and strong communication skills.
• Develops and provides visual, spoken and written education related to data analysis, data presentation, including information/education related to maximizing the use of data products and functions across Ascension.
• Supports database applications and analytical tools including evaluation of data quality, appropriate use of applications and maximizing internal and external database product functions across Ascension.
What You Will Need
High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
Bachelor's Degree in relevant area (Health/ Business Administration, Public Health, Statistics) including data analysis, decision support strongly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.