We Are Hiring
Department: Emergency Department
Schedule: Full Time; Nights; 7pm 7am
Location: Ascension St. John, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension St. John is a fully-integrated healthcare system, serving more than 3,500 patients every day, encompassing eight hospitals in northeastern Oklahoma and southern Kansas. Ascension St. John is part of Ascension Health, the nation's largest not-for-profit Catholic health system. We are an American College of Surgeons verified Level II Trauma Center, a Comprehensive Stroke hospital and staffs 24/7 to treat emergency and trauma patients. We have 46 emergency beds plus a 10-bed minor care. As a Parmedic, you will be provided the opportunity to expand your knowledge of emergency patient care as we offer comprehensive care to a variety of patients. We offer a variety of opportunities for professional growth and development. Our Associates are offered an in-depth comprehensive emergency orientation tailored towards the experience level of the Associate. The goal of the department is to ensure you have the necessary tools and experience to assure success.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St John Health System, you will have the opportunity to
Provides basic and advanced life support treatment, care and evaluation of patients on scene and during air transport.
- Identifies, intervenes, and stabilizes the ill or injured patient during interfacility and intrafacility transport under the direction and in collaboration with the transport physician and/or Registered Nurse (RN).
- Initiates and implements interventions based on transport team protocols. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition and treatment, as appropriate.
- Provides population specific education to the patient and family about the patient's illness and therapeutic interventions.
- Inspects, maintains and cares for equipment to ensure safety of the transport team, patients and public.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Paramedic credentialed from the Oklahoma EMS Personnel Licensure obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support.
- Drivers License credentialed from the Oklahoma Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. John Health System is an EEO/AA employer:
M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. John Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)