We Are Hiring
The Billing Supervisor supervises the daily activities of the specialty billing team. Responsible for monitoring claims generation and follow-up for timely resolution of outstanding AR.
Schedule: Monday- Friday 7am-6pm
1. Trains, coaches and evaluates assigned staff on performance expectations. Applies progressive discipline when appropriate. Participates in hiring and termination procedures.
2. Determines the patient financial responsibility and performs revenue collection. May perform daily balancing, coding and charge entry procedures. Refers any patient deemed necessary to the financial counselor.
3. Oversees the billing processes, which include claims creation and follow-up of outstanding accounts receivable, to expedite timely adjudication for payment.
4. Reviews issues related to claim generation, rejected and denied claims to ensure timely resolution.
5. Reviews denials and adjustments to communicate trends to the corresponding departments or elevate issues using the monthly JOC payer calls for payer review/resolution.
6. Collaborate with Billing Manager(s) to create and promote standard billing processes within the various departments of the Ministry.
1. Bachelor degree, preferred
2. Minimum of 8 years billing/receivables experience with management experience
3. Strong math, communication, excel and organizational skills
4. Professional demeanor and team player attitude are a must
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension St. Vincent’s, based in Jacksonville, Florida, has served the people of Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia since 1873. It is home to the largest cardiovascular program between Atlanta and Orlando. From its humble beginning to its current status as a regional healthcare system, Ascension St. Vincent's is widely recognized for delivering quality, compassionate care.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's Healthcare (SVHC) will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hired individuals regardless of schedule and hours, including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)