We Are Hiring
Lab Assistant - General Lab - Full-Time (40hrs/wk), Nights - St. Elizabeth Hospital - Appleton, WI
Work Schedule: 9pm-7am - weekend and holiday rotations
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Ministry Health Care, you will have the opportunity to perform specimen processing and clerical functions in one or more sections of the laboratory.
- Assists with receiving, identifying, accessioning, processing and transporting specimens.
- Keeps work area in a safe, aseptic and organized manner.
- Fulfills clerical duties which may include but are not limited to answering phones, data entry, and filing.
- Process specimens and performs record keeping duties as required by department.
- Maintains equipment and performs materials management duties such as keeping supply inventories at optimum levels and transporting specimens, equipment and supplies.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Medical Laboratory Assistant credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC).
- Medical Laboratory Assistant credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT).
- High school diploma or GED required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin and its subsidiaries, are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement