Registered Nurse RN – Premium Pay Temporary
We are hiring
Experience what it is like to be a travel nurse with St. Vincent East, part of Ascension. Earn premium pay while working short-term assignments in Trussville, AL!
Temporary assignments are available for Emergency Department at St Vincent’s East
Full-Time, Night Shift
(3) 12-hour shifts
Assignment Length: 14 weeks with option to go permanent
Why join Ascension?
Choose your own adventure! Ascension is transforming the world of nursing and travel nursing by offering temporary assignments throughout our national health system, allowing you the opportunity to be a travel nurse without being an “outsider.” Options to renew assignments or convert to a permanent associate are widely available. Enjoy the flexibility, convenience, and adventure of traveling with Ascension.
Love your location
Finding a nursing job you love can be hard. Finding a city you love can be even harder. That’s why we want to invite you to join us in a place you can have both.
St. Vincent’s East is licensed for 362 beds and is located just 20 minutes from downtown. It sits between Irondale and Trussville, AL. It is a general medical and surgical facility that offers a variety of programs and services to fit individual, corporate, and community needs. It is the second largest Ascension hospital in the Birmingham area. It is situated on a hill overlooking the beautiful community of Trussville, AL. This hospital has a suburb feel which appeals to those outlying communities that prefer not to have to drive downtown.
St. Vincent’s East provides all the service lines that our downtown hospital provides except for Birth Suites and NICU which is exclusive to our downtown location. It is the home for our only Behavioral Health service line and offers a level III Emergency Department.
- Great location with suburb feel patients not wanting to drive downtown.
- Part of the largest faith based, not for profit hospitals in Alabama.
- Behavioral Health Facility on the East campus.
- Free and easy parking for hospital and physical appointments.
- Offers all the major service lines except Birth Suites/NICU.
- Easy access from many rural communities.
- Hospital has a longstanding presents in the community.
- Excellent staff that provides care for those in their community.
What you will do
The Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Department provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. We have the second busiest emergency room in the Birmingham area!
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What you will need
Experienced nurses - we have a place for you. In these temporary assignments, our nurses will be expected to hit the ground running. As such, highly prefer 3-5 years’ Emergency Department experience.
- BLS Provider, ACLS and PALS credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing
Join our innovative and experienced care teams at St. Vincent Health today!