We Are Hiring
Resident - Resident Family Medicine - Full-Time, Day - St Vincent's East Family Practice - Birmingham, AL
Why Join Ascension?
In Alabama, St. Vincent's Health System operates five hospitals (St. Vincent’s Birmingham, St. Vincent’s Blount, St. Vincent's Chilton, St. Vincent’s East, and St. Vincent’s St. Clair) in addition to several other healthcare facilities. St. Vincent's Health System employs more than 4,800 associates and has been serving Birmingham for more than 118 years.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Resident with St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you will have the opportunity to under supervision of attending staff, observe and provide medical services within scope of practice to patients in an assigned area.
- Participates in the clinical evaluation and care of patients in a variety of patient care settings in order to achieve the competencies required by the residency program.
- Communicates with the attending physician regarding the results of evaluations, physical examinations, interpretation of diagnostic tests, and intended/performed interventions.
- Participates in research programs and educational presentations as required by residency program.
- Works effectively in various health care delivery settings and systems relevant to clinical specialty.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Licensed Professional Resident Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Alabama Board of Medical Examiners obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Podiatrist credentialed from the Alabama Board of Medical Examiners obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Resident credentialed from the Alabama Board of Medical Examiners obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) or Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) or Doctor of Optometry (OD) or Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) required
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)